The citys public and private educational system is one of the most comprehensive in the South of the State. It provides Basic and Professional Education services to young people and adults. Around 78 thousand students are enrolled, of whom 38 thousand are in the City System.
• Child Education
• Nurseries 23 (20 city and 03 convened)
• Kindergartens - 02
• Child Education City Center - 04
• Integrated Educational City Center- 12
• Basic Teaching- 51
• Basic and High School Teaching (FEVRE) 05
• ETPC Training School Pandiá Calógeras
• FAETEC Professionalizing Support Training School
• ICT Technical Culture Institute
• IFRJ Rio de Janeiro Federal Institute
• CIBA - Institute Batista Americano School
• CREI/VR - Integrated Teaching Regional Center of Volta Redonda School
• Units of S Systems- SESI-SESC-SENAI
• José Rodrigues da Silva Institute
• CEDERJ Rio de Janeiro State Remote Educational Center
• FASF Rio de Janeiro South Region College
• UBM- Barra Mansa University Center
• UFF- Rio de Janeiro Federal University
• UGB- Geraldo Di Biase University Center
• UniFOA Volta Redonda University Center
The specialized school Professora Dayse Mansur a pioneer learning center in Latin America - and the Sítio Escola SEMEIA (SEMEIA Ranch School) specialize in the service of autistic children who are in need of differentiated education.
This project was conceived and developed in Volta Redonda by a teacher Nicolau Martins de Oliveira. It relies on the participation of around 4.000 (four thousand) city students and FEVREs students, and performs national concerts.
A classical dance project was created in 2005, which allows the students to develop the artistic and aesthetic competence in art, education and culture through ballet classes. Besides ballet classes, the students also have classes in French and musical education. This program serves 7 to 14 year olds enrolled on the City Educational System.
This project aims at achievement in extracurricular activities, providing the students from the City Network the experience in several cultural and sporting modalities. Several activities such as chess, capoeira (a Brazilian martial arts system), plays, concrete block, handball, volleyball, basketball, football, footsal, dodgeball, câmbio, table tennis, badminton and caricature are developed. The success of these activities led to the creation of an annual competition event: JEMVRE City School Games of Volta Redonda.
This project provides ongoing tutoring at computer labs in all City network school units aimed at the improvement of school staff and the development of support materials to enhance the pedagogic work. Students from 3 and 15 years old participate in these computer classes.
The objective of this program is to stimulate children from kindergarten and Basic Teaching onward to learn a second language, which is necessary in the global economy of our modern world. The project is offered in 49 schools and provides training to 2.500 kindergarten students and 660 from the primary and secondary schools.
This includes all City schools, in which around 8 million meals are served a annually.
Endereço: Praça Sávio Gama, 53 – bairro Aterrado – Volta Redonda – CEP: 27215-620
TEL: (24) 3339 9132 FAX: (24) 3339 9117 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org